Forum Custom UMP System Requirements (Client Hosted)
System Requirements (Custom UMP)
The User Management Process requires a dedicated Windows 10, Windows Server OS of Windows 2016, Windows 2019 or higher. A minimum 20 GB of drive space should be allocated for the solution to be deployed. Windows Server environments are recommended for installs requiring off hours / automated execution scheduling.
AgilQuest does NOT recommend/support using an environment that is not specifically dedicated for the UMP server components.
3rd Party Software
The Forum User Management Process uses Python modules for execution. Python version 3.7 or 3.8 is required, along with several supporting Python modules. Python can be downloaded directly from the Python.org site. The tabulate Python module should also be included in the install of Python. The pyodbc python module (version 4.0.27) is required for SQL Server. Python should be installed under the machine profile.
SQL server is also an option:
- Database System – Microsoft SQL Server 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2019 Standard or MS SQL Express
- Note: The DB Server can be a shared server. Please ensure that the dedicated UMP Windows Server can connect to the SQL Server instance over the designated TCP port. Also ensure that the account you will use to run the UMP has the appropriate permissions to access the SQL instance from the UMP Server.
Additional Requirements (Optional)
The Forum User Management Process allows for email notifications to be delivered for successful and failed UMP executions. For this feature to be enabled, the client environment where the UMP is installed must have an SMTP server available to relay the mail notifications (with no authentication required).
AgilQuest Forum Requirements
- The Data Management Utility (DMU) will be provided by AgilQuest and must be installed on the server. Click here to view the the system requirements to install the DMU
- Use the "Portable" option when installing the DMU.
- The Forum User Management Process will require that the client create (or have available) an Administrator level Forum user account that can create, manager and archive AgilQuest Forum end user accounts within the client’s forum. This is the account that the DMU UMP will use during execution for user management.
*Environment Health Check
Your AgilQuest project team will schedule a health check session with your technical team to check the environment and ensure that it meets the system requirements outlined here. During the session, we can help install the Python modules and the DMU with your team. Please ensure that firewalls are set correctly to allow for the install.