Taking the picture in portrait mode is an easy mistake to make because it looks that way when you see the asset images from the list view. But in fact, you need take the picture as landscape with the most important part of the image in the middle, because that's what will show in the list view.
An ideal width is 2560 pixels (also referred to as 5 megapixels), though smaller images will look fine on smaller monitors. If an image needs to be rotated, do this before you upload it to Forum. Simply right-click the file on your computer and choose “rotate right/left” or “rotate clockwise/counterclockwise.”
As a guideline:
- Ideal image width is 2560 pixels. Height is proportional.
- Save as PNG, JPG/JPEG or GIF.
- Images should be in a horizontal (landscape) format rather than a vertical (portrait) format.
- Images should be rotated properly before upload.
- Keep the most important part of the image in the center.
- Avoid excessive cropping, as the top and bottom will be automatically cropped for banner images and the sides may get cropped in the gallery view.
- You may upload as many as six images per asset and must specify one to be the primary image.