Some integration solutions for Reserve require a Reserve user to be specifically used by that integration service. This is true for the User Management Process (UMP), Exchange Connector, Crestron Connector, RoomWizard Connector and the Data Management.
To create the user:
Step 1: Create an email/mailbox for each service. It does not need any special permissions in AD. As a best practice, we do not recommend using the same service for multiple solutions so if you have both the UMP and Exchange Connector, we recommend creating two different emails. The email format is completely up to you but we suggest adding something to the email that can easily tell you that it is being used as a service account in Reserve. Also, this mailbox must be able to receive emails for setting the password.
Step 2: As an Administrator, log in to Reserve. Go to Settings > Users > Add User. Fill in the required fields using a naming convention of your choice. Below is an example:
Go to Roles & Rights and change the role to Administrator, and save.
Click Go Back to Users, locate the user you just created and open the record.
From the Details page, check Private and save.
Step 3: Access the mailbox for the email address associated with this user. You should see a Welcome Email. If you did not receive one (this could be because SAML has been enabled in your environment), go to the user's record and click Reset Password to push a Reset Password email. Either emails will allow you to set a password for this account. Create the password and track it.
Note: Do not use spaces in the password. When using special characters, you can use !@#$*% but avoid special characters like " ' & / \ ^ : <> |
Step 4: Provide this password (securely) to AgilQuest. This will be used for the configuration of the UMP or your Exchange connector.
- For the UMP User, ensure that the user has all the rights checked including the right to Manage Another User’s Primary Workspace.
- The Exchange Connector user must belong in a user group that has access to the asset groups where all the mapped Exchange assets exists. It must also have the right to Create Reservations for Another user and Manage Another User's Reservation. This is typically included in the default rights for Administrators.
- Do not uses spaces in passwords.
- Never inactivate or archive these accounts. Doing so will cause the services to fail. If this happens, contact the AgilQuest support team immediately.
- Do not change these passwords without coordinating first with AgilQuest. The updated password will also need to be applied to your configurations.