The following information is required to set up the Exchange Connector for your Forum + Exchange Integration.
To use OAuth, an application must have an application ID issued by Azure Active Directory. It is assumed that the application is a console application, so you need to register your application as a public client with Azure Active Directory.
These are the required information from Azure AD and must be provided to the AgilQuest team:
- Client ID (Exchange.client.id encoded)
- Client Secret Value from Azure AD (Exchange.client.secret.encoded)*
- Tenant ID to be used for the Exchange Authority URL
*AgilQuest requires a short working session with our technical engineer and your technical resource to get these values from Azure AD especially with regards to obtaining the secret value.
1. Open a browser and navigate to the Azure Active Directory admin center and login using a personal account (aka: Microsoft Account) or Work or School Account
2. Select Azure Active Directory in the left-hand navigation, then select App registrations under Manage.
3. Select New registration. On the Register an application page, set the values as follows.
- Set Name to a friendly name for your app.
- Set Supported account types to Accounts in this organizational directory only (Tenant only - Single tenant).
- Register the application as a public client with Azure Active Directory
4. Choose Register. On the next page, copy the value of the Application (client) ID and save it, you will need it later.
5. Select API permissions in the left-hand navigation under Manage and click Add a permission. For more information about the permissions, check out this article.
6. Select Microsoft Graph and add the below five Application Permissions
7. Ensure that Admin Consent is granted on all permissions. The API permission page should resemble below.
8. Select Certificates & Secrets in the left-hand navigation under Manage.
9. Select New client secret, enter a short description and select Add.
10. Copy the Value of the newly added client secret and save it, you will need it later.
11. The tenant id can be found in the Azure Active Directory Admin Center. You will see “Tenant ID” under the Tenant information section. Take down this information.
What setting should be used for Redirect URL?
The Redirect URI should be registered as Public Client/native (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/client-developer/exchange-web-services/how-to-authenticate-an-ews-application-by-using-oauth).