This article will detail set up & configuration of the Lobby Kiosk App for Windows based devices. We recommend that you also review our Lobby Kiosk and Room Kiosk for Forum video.
The AgilQuest Lobby Kiosk is an application that runs on a Windows device. You can find the requirements for this directly from the app information from the Microsoft App store.
These devices are typically placed in common areas so that it is accessible to the employees as they access the space. The app will display a floor plan and can be used to see who is in, make a reservation, check-in to a reservation, and for visitors to notify a contact that they are in the building.
Before you configure the AgilQuest Lobby Kiosk application, you will need to prepare the following:
- Pick your hardware - but before you do that, first review the system requirements (see the app links above which will contain system requirements)
- Create a user in your AgilQuest instance that can manage the kiosk.
- We recommend creating this "service account" specifically for the Lobby Kiosk
- You will need an email address to create this user.
- The user can have any User Role but must have the right to Manage Kiosk Settings.
- Click the Microsoft App Store link above, or search the Microsoft App Store for AgilQuest Lobby Kiosk.
- Download and install the app on your device.
- Make a note of the desired Location and Floor you would like to display.
- Connect a mouse to the display! It will make it easier to navigate.
- Open the app
- From the HELLO screen, select Existing Forum Customer
Make sure to have your Kiosk Service Account ready; as well as the location and floor number you would like to associate the Lobby Kiosk to.
- Click Ok
- Enter the credentials for the Lobby Kiosk User and click Next
- Click on the Floor field and select the location and floor name to be associated with the Lobby Kiosk
- Update the Language if needed
- Update the Time Out if you require a different setting
- Optional: Reception/Security Email Address - this is used if you want to give the ability for visitors to "sign-in" and notify their contact that they are in the building.
- Optional: Image - you can add your own image
- Optional: You Are Here - allows you to mark the actual location of the kiosk to help users find their way within your space.
- Click Next
- From this next screen click Mode
- Select how you to interact with the Kiosk.
Interactive Mode (Common Setup)
From this set-up screen, you can configure whether users will be required to log-in to perform specific tasks. Note that Make and Manage reservations require log in as a default and cannot be changed.
Badge Setup (Optional)
Badge Authentication can be used in lieu of a user typing in their credentials. The user in this case would be able to scan their badge to log in on the Lobby Kiosk. It is important to note that this requires the user's credentials to be present in their user profile under Settings > User > open use record > User Credential > Badge.
The settings will depend on the type of badge scanner. Please contact our Technical Services team for more information.
Click Next to skip this setup
SAML 2.0 Setup (Optional)
SAML can be used to authenticate on the Lobby Kiosk. You will need to enter your EAS SAML URL in the field shown here. SAML 2.0 must be set up in your AgilQuest instance.
It's time to test! Should you need to check or update the settings, click on the three lines on the top right of the Lobby Kiosk display to get back to the Settings screen. You will need the Kiosk credentials to get to the settings mode.
To minimize the Kiosk window, drag your mouse to the top edge of the screen and click on the blue bar
In the floor plan view, you can display the profile picture of the reservation owner, or their initials. This requires a change to the Lobby Kiosk configuration, and you may request this to be made to your environment.
If you have any questions, please contact our team at email@example.com.