A "Service" as assets can include things like room configuration where a user can book a reservation and a service to have the room configured on the same workflow. Other examples of services can include: catering, IT support etc.
To create a new asset for "service":
Log in to Reserve and go to Settings
Go to Assets and select ADD AN ASSET
Name your Asset (must be unique), then select Service from the Category in the drop down box
Enter the appropriate values in the other fields from the drop down box:
1. In this example - the type is "Service - Other"
2.Enter the location that this service is available in.
Select the Asset Group
Select the Status (Active or Inactive)
Go through the other setups including:
- Hours of Operation - select the hours that the service is available. For example: from 9:00 - 4:00 pm M-F
- Policies - Tip! Click on the information icon to see the definition of each policy.
- Details - Add a description on the server (optional)
- Photos - add pictures of what the service looks like.
- Dynamic Assets - typically not configured.
- Notifications - configure if a person or group should be notified that a service has been reserved or requested.
- Note: This must be a "user" in Reserve. So if you want the notification to go to distro email, you would create a new user account in Reserve with that email address first, then select that user from the SEARCH FOR USERS window.
Click Save once your set up is complete.
- A Service assset cannot be mapped or synced with Exchange. These assets are only available to be booked via a Reserve interface.
- Consider adding a setup and/or breakdown time as a policy for the service since most services will require set up in the room prior to your meeting (example: Room Setup, Catering, Cleaning etc)
- A service cannot be restricted to just one room, so consider the naming of the service when creating it. Ex: Training Room 100 - Classroom Style Room Setup
- The "notification" is not the same as setting up the approval. This only refers to "users" who would get a notification when a space is requested or reserved.
- You can make a service to require approval by putting it in an asset group that is set up as "requestable", and setting up the user groups appropriately. Make sure to also set up a group that would approve the request.